Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rediffusion...

23rd April, Almost a week after my xamz got over ... wanted to have fun for a while and then look for an internship... 3 days down n i had no clues of where i was doing my internship from.. forget that i dint even know the names of the top 3 Ad agencies of India... Evening 5 pm..
Anni bhaiya (One of the Seniors at the hostel) comes to the hostel..."tera internship ka kya scene hai ??" "bhaiya, abhi kuch soucha nahin"....
"Salley, kalpataru mein ek Ad agency hai... CV drop kardey".... "cool" but who knows what a CV looks like....
Got my CV done somehow (Staying in a Hostel, helps), went to the Corporate building behind my hostel, dropped my CV.. 24th Apr, i visited the office to drop my CV, the office was different, unlike the army offices i had seen all throughout my life, Music during work hours was new, pool table at the office was .. Wooho..
24th evening ko confirm hua followed by an interview.. and 25th Apr se joining...
Ah.. office... "Welcome to rediff, Chotey".... chotey, a term meaning younger brother... often used to designate someone younger to u in the office. Saturday was like a getogther day...so we all went out in the evening.
By now i had made a few friends one of them being Radhika Bilgi, the person who was on leave when i joined and the person whose chair and desk i was using in her absence besides being the person who loved me the most. Surya was my 'Mango Milk Shake' partner, Shiv, my pool partner(I lost every single frame...), and Anjali, one whom i could share every thought with...
From Bilgi's desk to Geetanjali's from Geetanjali's to Esha's and at times at the reception, the football treatment was indeed great, got the opportunity to know more people. From Vaishaka's 'shutter Stock' to Paul's 'one liner' for Airtel press ads, from Lyeesha's maintaining 'Gaurd Books' to Sharad's 'STB', the experience has contributed immensely in making my internship at rediffusion - Fun !!
Came Mondays and Came fridays, weeks passed, came the day when i had to leave the office, All i could do was smile, say 'thanks' and pack my stuff...
Thanks Maya,Sharad, Paul, Bilgi, Anjali, Bhavesh, Sachin, Shweta, Ketaki, Tanvi, Vishaka, Shiv, Mischelle, DESPATCH STAFF and HOUSE KEEPING STAFF.
The experience was awesome and has made me evolve in a unique manner.
Thanks, the respect for the people only grows as I end the post.
Profound Regards

No comments: